Sunday, December 4, 2011

Assignment 16

-A significant achievement that I know has impacted me greatly was when I got into fight in Tijuana a day before my boxing match... I remember always being scared to fight as a kid and always being scared of getting hit or getting hurt and I hardly ever fought for what I wanted. As a guy I was seen as weak and insipid. So i joined boxing to highten my confidence in physical confrontation and as a result, I became extremely cocky and i began to think as if i can take on anyone no matter what the circumstance was. Everything in boxing was going great, I kept winning fights and obtained a good reputation as a fighter, but like the quote goes, "All good things have to come to an end". So me and my friends, Diego and Fabian, led ourselfs into a fight in Tijuana, Mexico where we were 3 against 10 adults. As i took on 3 guys by myself, I wasn't fast enough to block or deflect all the punches, so little by little my head was getting constantly hit. Then, all my system went down when I was hit by a rock in the back of the head. Seconds later i found myself on the floor being stomped on and soon, I felt my hand experience a harsh pain. Before I knew it, the police had arrested me and I was soon inside a police car waiting for my parents to arrive. Everything after that went worse. My head experienced harsh headaches and bruising. My hand couldn't lift anything up and for sure, I couldn't punch either. I Soon headed towards the hospital where they told me that I had several concusions on my head and a torn ligament in my wrist. Due to my affected wrist, I couldn't attend boxing for 3 months and ever since then, I regret fighting that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment